Thursday, March 7, 2013

Diary 7 march

At the moment I'm trying to wake up a little.. Cup of coffee and canned Tuna for breakfast :) watching doomsday preppers on Nat geo. I'm not a prepper.. I'm bugging out before a potential shtf scenario.. Still I gotta love this show, and the whole idea behind prepping makes total sense to me.
Soon I'll write an article about my view on preppers.

So it seems that spring is just around the corner. a couple of weeks ago the grass in my garden was hidden because of all the snow and tomorrow we expect temperatures reaching 15 degrees Celsius.. That's Holland :)  Now that winter is over the spring reminds me of how much time I've got left.

I have decided to no longer bash on any people I know. Over the past few years I have become a bittered, grumpy old man but from now on I am no longer going to blame my family-in-law, my girlfriend or whoever for my own downfall.
No one wants to be angry all the time or have a mind filled with hate.. it changes you, making you become you're own worse enemy.

How on earth can I still call myself a Buddhist if I only love my children and despise all others I see every day. I should be at peace with myself and my surroundings, instead I find myself in a cold war between me and my GF's family.
In order to get rid of all the anger inside and in order to give this blog a more positive vibe I will from now  on write about my coming journey only aswell as primitive and off grid living and other things that are relevant. Peace will return to this blog and I will do whatever I can to let peace return into my life aswell.. I'm not going to try and become friends with my family in law.. it's too late for that, the damage has been done. But from now on I'm not going to ignore them anymore and I will treat them the way they deserve to be treated.. with a little more respect.

I am going to train both body and mind.. At the moment I'm doing some fitness 3 to 4 times a week. Nothing special.. just to gain some strength in order to be able to cycle/hike across Europe. It's mostly body workouts with the occasional use of dumbbells at home since I do not have the time or money to join a gym.. I still have 3 kids to take care off, and I rather spend my last months with them then at some gym. Also the goal is to become stronger, not to become a bodybuilder ;)
When the kids are at school, the wife is at work and my youngest baby girl is doing her nap I not only have time for some fitness, I also have time to work on training my mind.
So I will start studying all the buddhist literature I have laying around and meditate and put Buddhism into practice.. no longer will just call myself a Buddhist but from now on I will also act like one.

That is it for now. I'm off to do some fitness, Till next time ;)

Here is the song of the day.. one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands..

Queen - The show must go on


No comments:

Post a Comment